Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I'm back...and busy!

My Mom and I drove back to Texas on Sunday. We started Sunday morning and drove until 4am Monday morning. Yeah, I think we are a little nuts but we are a determined set of girls. Kimberly was the voice of reason and kept insisting that we stop and get a hotel but my Mom and I were feeling good (or high on Red Bull and coffee) so we kept going all night long.

I love that my Mom is here with me. I wish she would just leave behind her life in AZ and permanently move into the guest room. :D She has been spring cleaning my house and my baseboards have never looked this good. We also went school shopping yesterday and got a ton of stuff from Janie and Jack. They had a great sale and there stuff is gorgeous! I'm really bummed out because I only discovered them a few months ago but they only carry clothes up to a size 6 in the store and they only makes clothes up to size 8 online. Bummer. I want to avoid Limited Too for as long as possible. No slutwear for my little girl please! *(to be fair it isn't all slut wear...but I walked into that store yesterday and it just...felt...wrong! Like Jon Benet beauty pagent wrong. Oh yes, I've turned into my mother.) I rounded out Kim's wardrobe with some more basic stuff from Target and now we are ready for the school year. Okay, that is a lie. I haven't purchased school supplies yet. Bad Mommy.

I have so many stories to tell from my trip to Arizona, but no time to do it! I am going to post updates chronologically of what happened while I was on vacation. The first post will go into detail on how I royally pissed of my husband. Bad wife!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no... you're completely in the right on slut wear for juniors...

Seriously, my 10yr old does not need to wear a belly shirt or daisy duke shorts. My pre-teen should not be "hot".

~Penny~ said...

No slut wear. I don't have kids but I cringe when I see those girls on the street!

Welcome back friend! You were very missed and I was starting to go through withdrawl. I was missing your voice of reason :)

Can't wait to hear about the trip!

Anonymous said...

glad you are home. I dressed Sloane in Limited too when their clothes were cute(and she was in 3rd and 4th grade) the clothes were skorts with matching tank tops and tees. Now she likes Abercrombie, hollister and american eagle!
You need to shop at Crazy 8.
They have a store in the galleria and Memorial City. I got Chance a bunch of shirts for $4.99. I think they have girls clothes ,too.
See ya Monday at the bus stop! :)

Anonymous said...

glad you are home. I dressed Sloane in Limited too when their clothes were cute(and she was in 3rd and 4th grade) the clothes were skorts with matching tank tops and tees. Now she likes Abercrombie, hollister and american eagle!
You need to shop at Crazy 8.
They have a store in the galleria and Memorial City. I got Chance a bunch of shirts for $4.99. I think they have girls clothes ,too.
See ya Monday at the bus stop! :)

tara said...

i don't know why I am anonymous:(
-Tara

Sloane said...

No slut clothes!!! I see the little girls wearing scandalous clothing, and I want to cover them up.

Missed your blog posts.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Whooooosh!!!! You are a whirlwind today!

rage said...

Damn girl! I was wondering where in the hell you were at and when you were going to post again.

We missed you!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!!! :D Glad you're back safe and sound!! I don't have school-age kids yet, but holy hell, if I ever let them dress like some of the girls I see out, I told my husband to beat me...I am NOT going to steal my daughters' innocence away because I want her to look grown-up...nope...she can wear a onesie FOREVER...lol..okay, I won't be that bad...maybe...

Post a Comment