Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Grader!

Yesterday was the day Kimberly became a first grader! Here she is posing for the classic 'first day of school' photo at our front door. Notice she is a little distracted...

She couldn't keep her eyes off the butterfly that was flitting around her! Isn't a butterfly on the first day of school a good omen? No? Well it is now!


Aha! There it is Mommy!


Look at that sly little grin! Look out first grade! You are no match for my Kimmy-girl!


Yes love...I see the butterfly. But it is time for school so lets get to the bus stop!


Do you see the piece of paper in her hand? That is her teachers name and room number. I tried to pin it to her shirt but she said, "Mom, I look like a baby. Like a kindergartener. I'll just carry it." Okie dokie Kimmy-girl. Sing it with me, "Aint nobody gonna break my stride...ain't nobody gonna hold me down...oh no! I've got to keep on movin'!" tra la la!


Uh oh...


It seems like we've had a change of heart...


It's okay though baby doll. You've got lots of support. See? Even Daddy is here to give you some kisses and words of encouragement!

And Mommy is here too. Come on Kim, lets get back to the photo op!


Time to get on the bus! I literally had to disentangle myself from her freakishly strong grip. She gets the freakishly strong thing from me. :D


Once again I was a stalker Mom. I drove to the school lightening quick. I was snapping pics of Kimmy-girl and she didn't even know I was there. Poor thing...her backpack and lunchbox are weighing her down.


Aww, how cute. She put her stuff away all by herself.


Oh snap...she saw me!
This is where the tears started pouring down. I knew better than to make our goodbye long, drawn out and emotional but I felt a need to make sure she got to her desk okay. She ran to me, wrapped her little arms around my neck and cried, "I want you!" sniff.

Her teacher was wonderful and helped get her back to her desk to start coloring. I ran out of there after a brief kiss...but I peeked into the classroom window for another 10 minutes. Her Kindergarten teacher from last year saw me and said, "She's fine! Go home! You are like the paparazzi!"

Busted! All in all she had a great day. Oh...and that little girl that 'wanted me' so badly this morning? In the afternoon when she got home, I sat by her on the couch and hugged her, asked her about her day and planted a big kiss on her smooshy face. Kimberly nicely, but firmly put up her hand and said, "Mom! I need my space right now."

14 comments:

Jadeny said...

OMG I love her little outfit!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice bows...

EJ said...

haha i was going to comment nice bows too ;)

**Liz** said...

Very cute. Mine is a first grader too. The bows are definitely cute

Sloane said...

Wow. I remember spending so much time picking out that special outfit for the first day of school. She looks so cute.

Congratulations, you got some free time back!

AZ Larsens said...

haha, Stella you crack me up! Driving to the school and taking incognito pictures of her?! I'm dying laughing picturing it! lol

~Penny~ said...

oh.my.gawd. She is adorable. I love your photo montage!

She is a strong one Stella! No need to worry. She will surely find her way with you guys supporting her :)

PS....love Keenan getting in some face time!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Those poor little eyes!! So sad...

Glad she enjoyed it after you stopped stalking her.

:)

Angela said...

Look at how stylish she is. I love the picture where she got you spying on her. Your such a great mom!

Anonymous said...

WOW. What a fantastic blog. Seriously. She looked so beautiful and brave and then when she cried at the bus stop (or was about to), I just wanted to hold her and make it all go away. Poor little Kimmy. :(

I'm sure she will make a ton of friends. She is beautiful and has a mom who is out of this world.

Anonymous said...

The butterfly was not just a good omen but it was her Auntie Tanya there with you guys in spirit!!! I love you guys and miss soo stinking much!!!

Love,
Your Veggie :)

Hadley said...

What a beautiful and expressive little face!

Anonymous said...

Aw, Stella!! She's ADORABLE!! I LOVE her shoes!!! :D I will be the same way...taking pictures and stalking...all that, all the way...LOL...I got tears reading b/c I just KNOW I'm gonna go through all this way too soon...even if it is about 3 years off...LOL ;D

rage said...

Cute, so cute!

Did you even notice that you were like the hottie mom on the street of everyone waiting with their children for the bus?

All the mommies wish they were you!

Hubba hubba Stella!

Post a Comment