Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sorry officer!

Last week when Jeff was out of town, I made an impulse purchase. I need a preacher bench/something that will fit in my entryway that I can store my kids shoes and backpacks in. It was pretty much just a knee jerk retail therapy reaction to our new president elect but as soon as I got it home, I realized that it was all wrong and had to be returned.

I packed it back up into my truck and Kennen and I drove the 3 miles down the road. Even though it is the main road in my area, the speed limit is only 35 mph because it is still considered to be in a neighborhood. Led Zeppelin was blaring from the classic rock station and I was...rocking out. I didn't even realize that i was speeding until a police cruiser was suddenly behind me with his lights on. DAMNIT!

I never get out of tickets. Like EVER! And this time I had to. There is just no room in the budget for 'speeding tickets'. I had my window rolled down, engine off and as Deputy Officer Dork walked up I smiled at him in the rear view mirror. As he walked up, I handed him my drivers license and said, "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" He laughed and said that he thought a jet was trying to land on the boulevard with how fast I was going (50-ish mph).

"Are you late for work?"

Me: "No, I am going to Kirklands to return something. I was just listening to a really good song and I didn't realize how fast I was going!"

"What were you listening to?"

"Led Zeppelin..." and with that I turned the volume up and Misty Mountain Hop was still playing on the radio.

He laughed and then said, "Oh I know how that is. I'll be right back."

A few minutes later he came back and gave me a warning! Whew!

"OMG thank you so much! Wow...thanks!"

I called Jeff and told him and he said he was going to take away my keys. :D Hooray!

And just for fun...here is Misty Mountain Hop backwards! I'm going to church now, lol.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you returned it?? I thought you loved it!

Mrstx said...

Nope! It's gooooooone! I bought something else instead...and I will post pictures soon. :D

Post a Comment