Thursday, November 6, 2008

I'm better now.

So this is how all you democrats have felt for the last 8 years?

This election made me just sick. I had a few freak out moments yesterday and a full fledged panic attack while I was driving, but all is well now. Obama is my new president. I trust that he will lead this country the right way. And as far as I see it...it can only get better than the mess George W. made.

Nothing made me feel better than my husband though. He talked me off the ledge and told me to just relax. Of course this was coming from a man that was on a Marlin fishing boat in Cabo who himself was very relaxed...but whatevs. I felt better when he told me that no matter what, we-as in our little nuclear family of 4 (5 soon)-will be okay. That he will always make sure we are take care of.

I do have relief in the fact that the choice has been made. Now I just have to learn to accept Obama (and his asinine ideas!!!) Ack sorry...there i go again. And of course I'm sure it is healthy for our country to have periods between reactionary and reform.

So Obama is our president. And our first lady wears ugly dresses. Damn! There I go again. Okay I'm logging off now.

6 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Wait, so, are you pregnant already or still in the trying phase? Congratulations or good luck, whichever is the case!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world Democrats lived in for the last 8 years...

you'll get over it... and in a week or so you'll start plotting how to retake the White House in 2012...

Lynn said...

I feel the same way. I'm thankful to read someone else who feels like me. I pray that he makes decisions for the betterment of our great country. But with his selection of Emanuel as COS I have to wonder. I love the USA!

~Penny~ said...

I am scared for Public Health care reform. THat is my one fear. I don't believe in it.

Anyway, you will be ok. Your family will be ok. I actually think you may be better off with the 250,000 cut off that I will be since there is a serious cost of living inflation here:(

But like you said it can't get any worse!

Mrstx said...

Penny- Wha-what???? Are you telling me you make $250k/year? Or maybe that combined with cakes?

will you marry me? :D

~Penny~ said...

Haha! I wish. It is combined. Once Dan retires in 8 years he will be getting full pay on his pension. So if he gets another job and makes decent money, we would get slammed.

I guess I will just have to be a stay at home mom:)

Post a Comment