Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I raced!


Saturday was awesome! I really needed that event to jumpstart my ass into a lean mean exercising machine. I have somehow managed to gain 10lbs this summer. Not a huge deal since I'm tall but I really had no desire to start exercising again. After running the race, I felt so GREAT! Like beyond great. I think I was high on endorphins or something. I don't think humans are meant to live such sedentary lives. Running is exactly what I need in my life to stay balanced. I had forgotten that.

Anyway, I ran the first 2 1/2 miles. it hurt. it burned. it made me want my mommy. But there were people on the sidelines cheering me on and it absolutely helped. My demise though was the hill. Why the hell would a mutha funkin hill be at the END of the race? Ugh. I actually ran up the hill but once I reached the 'summit' I was tapped. I walked for awhile until I saw the finish line and I ran in at 45:43.

What a great feeling! I friggin did it! The girls and I are toying with the idea of the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving day but who knows. This race kicked my butt and I was a sleepy girl the rest of the day. I absolutely hate the picture above. I'm the albino giraffe in the middle. And that would be stampingtxmommy on the left and keikicakes on the right. I'm kind of excited though because I entered in my bib number at the race for the cure website and they said that if any picutes with my number show up, they will email them to me. Awesomeness.

thank you everyone for your support...financial and with your well wishes! Y'all rock!

4 comments:

Angela said...

That's so AWESOME! Way to go Stella...you rock! Cute running outfit by the way.

rage said...

Good for you girlie!

You look great! LoL @ wanting your mommy!

Jadeny said...

What a great thing to do!! Be proud!!

~Penny~ said...

CUte Cute outfit:)

God if I only had some of your height:(

Post a Comment