Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A new friend...sort of

2 years ago, I was trolling through classmates dot com, and I found a profile of I girl I thought I recognized. She was one of the rare profiles that had filled out the 'about me' section. I remember her being 'bad'. I remember her offering me and my friend Angela an Altoid , but Angela didn't take one. She later told me she was afraid that it had drugs in it. Ohhhhh, yes Sara was a bad girl.

As it turns out, she is the biggest sweetheart and could not hold a candle to the delinquent teenager that I was. She is now a nice catholic girl married to a doctor. I have talked to Sara since I have lived in Texas, but we have never gotten together. She is on the other side of the big bad city of Houston, and we are both busy in our suburban bubbles with kids and stuff.

Yesterday we finally(!) got together and I had a blast. It started off great because we went and had my new favorite food...vietnamese noodle house! Yum yum gimme dim sum! Actually I had the rice noodles with rare beef and meatballs. It has a name, but I don't know what it is. It's that soup that you add fresh cilantro, basil and bean sprouts too...oh my mouth is watering again!

After that, we went and painted pottery. We were the only customers and we totally took over. Kennen napped on the employee sofa and the rest of the kids went wild with the paint. It was a lot of fun! And totally by coincidence, both of our elementary school aged kids were sick. Kimberly was slightly feverish and was having tummy troubles, and Sara's oldest son was having respiratory problems and she had to pick him up from school. And what do we do as good and responsible parents? We had a playdate!

The best part of all is that Sara totally rocks! We seriously laughed and had so much fun. I can't wait until we get together again. :D I have a new friend!

Here are some pics from our day!
Another bonus is that I got my baby fix! I worked really hard on this one because little Lourdes is a Mama's girl and the first time Sara handed her over to me, she just screamed and reached her little arms to her Mama. I had to be super stealthy and distract her and not look at he when I held her and she was okay. Isn't she lovely?

2 comments:

~ Sara Ann said...

Holy cow, I had the best time too!!!!!! I can't WAIT to see you again and have fun!!!!! You are so super fun and I just adore you! Your kids are so well behaved and just the cutest little creatures EVER!!!!!! LOL Did Angela really think my Altoids were drugs?? LOL Gosh, was I that bad? I never even tried drugs in my entire life. (That doesn't mean I wasn't friends with some potheads, but I never tried it!)

Mrstx said...

p.s. Saying that my kids are 'so well behaved' is the best compliment ever! You just happened to see them on a good day, lol.

Post a Comment