Thursday, October 16, 2008

The haystack is gone.

So I'm not a natural blonde. I have been thinking lately...I really have no idea what I look like with my natural hair color. I have been dying my hair since I was 13 years old. I probably only have a few more years until I go gray...then I will have to dye my hair to fight mother nature and her nasty aging.

So anyway, not only do I dye my hair blonde...but I dye it blonde myself and my hair was so dry and tangly. I hate to brush my hair. I hate to wash my hair. I get headaches because my ponytails are heavy. Yesterday I finally did something about it.

I went to a salon and told 'Helen' what I wanted. She said...."Nooo! Don't cut that much!" What the hell??? Usually stylists are more than happy to hack off your hair and give you a new look. I was insistant though and told her to cut! She cut off the first big piece and held it out to me..."Do you want to keep this?" LOL! Maybe I am rare, but I just wasn't upset about hacking off my hair. I told her, "Be brave and keep cutting! I'm not gonna cry!"

She cut. She dyed it brown. She blowdried. She added a few chunky hilights. She dried it and styled it. She spun me around when she was done to I could face the mirror...I fucking love it! I have been in the best mood ever since. I feel like a new girl. Jeff was home for his lunch break and when I walked in the door he said, "Wow! What's your name?"

Behold...the new do.



Don't mind the horror film effects...but this is the only pic that shows what the back looks like. Do you like my wonky eye?:


chunky hilights:


And see? It is longer in the front! Damn I look old as hell in this picture. Botox maybe?

14 comments:

~Penny~ said...

LOVE IT!!

It really looks so great. Makes your eyes look crazy blue!

Ps...in the last 3 nights I have been a vampire in my dreams :)

MommyStamper said...

Love it!!!

The last picture is great. You have that sad, pouty, sexy look thing going on:)

Jatorade said...

I think it looks great! It really brightens your eyes...crazy!
Isn't it fun to go for a big change? I really want to go short, but every time I do I get tired of it after a couple months and my hair takes forever to grow!

PCS said...

You look great! I died my hair darker this week too!

I think you look better with darker hair, like everybody already said, it makes your eyes pop, you look relly good.

**Liz** said...

It looks great. I dyed mine darker and I love it

Sloane said...

I just cut my hair similarly and love it! I love the darker color on you, it does make your eyes pop! Now I will tell you what my gay guido hairdresser Gino tells me everytime I get my hair done:

Now you look fierce, in a week not so much. Maintain! Maintain! Maintain!

;)

Keikicakes said...

Now, how am I going to call you "tall blonde"!

It looks amazing! You really look like a new girl.

Genevieve said...

oooh transformation! you're lucky because you can rock the pretty blonde look as well as the sexy brunette- which, by the way, makes your eyes look like lasers! gorgeous :)

~ Sara Ann said...

You look fantastic!!! Then again, you could shave yourself bald and wear a potato sack and still look amazing!!! Your eyes... OMG. ... SO blue!!!!!!! LOVE IT!

Jadeny said...

Absolutley Fab!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!

Angela said...

Love the new hair, you look beautiful!!!

EJ said...

LOVE IT!! Welcome to the dark side (we actually have more fun ;) )

SaV said...

Super cute new hair! Not really sure what it looked like before...but I think it looks awesome! YEA for chunky blonde highlights! :)

Post a Comment