Saturday, October 11, 2008

Insomnia...

I don't know what is up with me lately! I fall get really tired early in the evening, fall asleep quickly...but then I am up at 4:30am in the morning. Drumming my fingers. Wondering if I should just give in and make a pot of coffee or try to lay reeeeeeally still and hope I can fall back asleep. Today the pot-o-coffee idea won. So annoying!

I could read my vampire book. I wont though because I'm on Breaking Dawn now (book 4) and I'm trying to linger over it a little. I want to make it last because I want to be lost in that little world for as long as possible! Seriously people...read the series!

Oh, I have a great idea! I could go for a run! Heck yeah, that's just what my restless body needs! Oh wait...I can't. Jeff is fishing. Again. He had my blessing last night but now I'm annoyed. I can't leave the kids in the house by themselves. It is times like this that I wish I had a nanny. I could never have a real nanny. I was talking about this with my neighbors last night actually. It makes my stomach turn to think of someone else with their hands all over my babies. But wouldn't it be convenient to have someone waiting in the wings...ready to just be there when you needed to step out for a 30 minute run. Or if you need milk but the thought of tromping through Super Target with 2 kids is just more than you can handle. Wouldn't it be nice to bring your nanny along to sit in the car with the kids while you made a mad dash for milk? This aversion to hired help would be completely different if I had a career I was passionate about. But I don't.

So this means no nanny. And long story short...no morning run for me. :/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! So you were up at 4:30, and I assume went back to sleep when I was trying to get a hold of you between 9 and 10... Today's the day for the Trans Siberian Orchestra tickets! They went on sale at 10. I went ahead and got 2 only because I didn't know if you and Jeff were going to go with us or not and I didn't want to spend 250 dollars for 4 tickets if you guys weren't going to come. It's on a Sunday around 3pm that we got the tickets for. (they also have another show at 7pm, but since it's a Sunday, Thong will have to work the next day)... Anyway, if you want to go, I'm sure tickets will still be available. We won't be sitting together, but at least we can maybe do dinner afterwards or something! This is the first time EVER that Thong and I have been out without ANY of the kids. LOL

Anonymous said...

Check out this blog...

http://www.wombattheinnsane.com/

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

A robot nanny that I could turn off and on at my will sounds nice... Especially if it didn't go insane and start shooting laser beams at me and my kids...

I think I need coffee, too.

KBear said...

I'm telling you, go to Stephenie Meyer's website and read her draft for midnight sun (I think that's what it's called) it's twilight in Edward's view, and it's really good. It's not finished, and she doesn't know if she will since it was leaked, but she posted the draft. It will help you stay in vampire land just a little longer.. you can't print it out though. It's protected. You have to read it online.

Try that! It's really really good!

EJ said...

I blame my addiction on you... :)

Post a Comment