Friday, October 31, 2008

afternoon phone call...

I just called Jeff at work and here was our conversation:

J: This is Jeff

S: Hey baby. Am I on speakerphone?

J: Yeah. (long pause. I hear him typing and thinking)

S: Baby take me off speaker phone.

J: (I hear him pick up the handset) Yeah. What do you have going on?

S: So I just saw the wine bottle from last night...I drank more than half of it! Holy crap I am a wino!

J: (he laughs)

S: Will you still love me if I have to start going to those meetings?

J: Yes (he's typing again. long pause...)

S: What if I start drinking listerine because you cut me off from wine? Will you still love me? (did you ever see that episode of "Intervention"? Homegirl was drinking mouthwash y'all.)

J: (silence. more typing)

S: Baby?

J: Of course. I'll always love you. You're my baby.

S: Okay, cool.

J: okayloveyoubye.

S: bye.

Maybe I've just been married too long but I am actually swooning from the romance right now.

6 comments:

EJ said...

haha I can relate.

AZ Larsens said...

I saw that episode of Intervention!

Mrstx said...

Oh...and just so that I am clear on this...when I say half a bottle, I mean half of a jumbo bottle. 4 glasses of wine. In about 3 hours. w.i.n.o.

rage said...

You're allowed! You take care of a family...umm, does this mean I am enabling your behavior?

Anonymous said...

That totally reminds me of the episode of Family Ties where Tom Hanks is the alcoholic uncle who gets busted drinking vanilla extract...

MommyStamper said...

LOL...I saw that episode too! I think it might have even of been at your house:)

Post a Comment