Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Twilight


Apparently I am the last person to read the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer! Well, that's not true. My running buddies haven't read it either but I am forcing them to read it now too. Can I just say, OMFG! I have the hugest crush on Edward Cullen. He is so damn sexy in the book. My stomach was doing flips while I was reading...who knew that a fictional vampire could have such a profound effect on me. Then...THEN I saw this movie poster for the Twilight movie coming out tomorrow and the Edward in the poster was so like the Edward I had in my head. Take a better look at the scary/sexy vampire front and center...it's Cedrick Diggory from Harry Potter! Except now he looks a little more menacing...and a little less 'golden boy'. That girl he has his arms around is his human girlfriend. He really wants to bite her but then his girlfriend would be dead so...he tries to be good. That's all I'm going to say.

If you haven't read the book yet...read it! Then drive back to the store two days later and buy New Moon (book 2). Then take a break for a day to clean your house, and then go back again and throw your cation (and money) to the wind and buy books 3 (Eclipse) and 4 (Breaking Dawn). And buy your husband a new outfit while you are at it so that he doesn't realize that you have spend $40 on books in the last week. Or you can just borrow the books from me. :D

12 comments:

Weekends Off said...

HAHA Well, you aren't the last person, I have never even heard of the book!
But, I do have a thing for vampires...I'm gonna have to check it out!
Other scary stuff- NO WAY I'm a big fat chicken and won't even watch scary movies, but if there is a vampire it's a whole other story!

Mrstx said...

weeks-

I know, I am so obsessed with vampire stuff lately! These books are actually for teenagers but they are so so good. Check them out for sure!

Jadeny said...

I just started reading too!! Addicted!!!

AZ Larsens said...

I KNOW!! I have always had a thing for vampires, then my little sis was reading Twilight three years ago and told me I should read it. I opened it up, started reading, and stayed up ALL NIGHT LONG and read the whole thing! Yeah...totally addicting!

~Penny~ said...

THey are next on my list on booksfree.com! I can't wait.

Good call about Cedric:)

Nic said...

I'm addicted as well.

When my cousin from the US visited us last Christmas he had 3 books from the Twilight series with them. And we have the same taste in books so after he finished no 1, I started to read it. And he left 2 behind, but he was reading 3 when they went back to the states so I couldn't read that one.

My parents just got back from their US visit. And the got me 3 and 4 :D. So after I finish my library books, I'm going to read them.

Can't wait for the movie.

~Penny~ said...

Out of curiousity....since vampires are your new thing...are you watching True Blood on HBO???

SO GOOD:)

Mrstx said...

Penny- Yes I am totally watching True Blood! It is so good! Did you see last Sundays episode??? OMG that was such a crazy ending! I'm a little vampire obsessed now. :D

~Penny~ said...

I love it. The cast is awesome and perfect. I don't know what started this whole vampire craze but I am loving every minute of it.

It is bringing me back to my Lost boys days:)

Anonymous said...

Ummm...I think I was the worst...I just found out about them a couple of weeks ago, and since I was home for a week due to surgery...I read all four within 3 days! Loved them!!! And, I think she has one out about a vampire that gets turned human...I have to check into it cuz I want to read it too!

Momma J

KBear said...

actually, anonymous, that one is called the Host, and it's not about vampires. It's about an alien invasion and they use humans as Hosts for their little insect beings that they actually are.

It was really good, i suggest it to all stephenie meyer fans.

AND, if you guys don't keep up on her website, she was doing a book called Midnight Moon or something. Forget the name. It was all about Edward's side of Twilight, and told in his voice. It got leaked onto the internet, and now she's not sure if she will finish it.

BUT, she's posted the draft on her website, which is the first 11 or 12 chapters of the book.

It's REALLY good. If you are interested, it's at stepheniemeyer.com Under midnight sun/moon, something like that!

Anonymous said...

I don't know what you're talking about as far as these books go, so don't feel bad.

I hate to admit it, but I am not a reader of books - I think it's a ADD thing.

Post a Comment