Sunday, February 17, 2008

A wedding quiz

It is a beautiful Sunday afternoon. All my windows are open an a gorgeous breeze is blowing through my house. The kids are playing outside on the grass that is starting to turn green again. Spring is definitely in the air. It is one of those perfect moments where you realize how blessed you are and now I am feeling a little nostalgic. I saw a wedding quiz on myspace so why the heck not? If any of you want to post your wedding quizzes, just leave a comment with a link to you site...I would love to read your stories too!


1. What month & year were you married?
January 2002. About 11 months from our first date and one year from when I first layed eyes on my baby in a bar. :D

2. How did he ask you?
Well I knew he was going to ask me any day. We bought my diamond from a pawn shop (is that something I should keep to myself, ha ha!) and we had it reset into a new plain band. After he picked up the ring from the jeweler, he took me out to dinner at this fabulous little intimate Italian restaurant. I was expecting him to ask all night. We ate our meal and then got into a huge fight because he wanted to use a coupon. It was like buy one meal, get the other 50% off. I was mortified! This was the night he wanted to propose and he wanted to use a coupon? He told me I was being ridiculous and I'm sure he was second guessing marrying a girl who wouldn't let him use his damn coupon. The funny thing is that I finally said, 'Fine, use the coupon,' and he went to pay the bill but the waiter told us that his friend had called the restaurant and taken care of the bill for us. Wasn't i feeling sheepish now. I'm glad he didn't give up on the silly girl who was bitching about a coupon. After dinner he took me to a lake by his parents house and got down on his knee and said the most wonderful things. Aw. Then I cried and said yes. Cliche' yes, but it feels like the biggest moment in the world when it is you.

3. Where did you honeymoon?
We didn't have a honeymoon...um it wasn't in the budget. But his parents rock and they got us one night at The Phoenician.

4. Can you still fit in your dress?
Yes I can swim in it because I was 5 months pregnant at the time.

5. What was your worst gift you got?
There was no worst gift. We mostly got money because I couldn't bring myself to register. Like I was holding the scanner gun in Bed Bath and Beyond and had a panic attack. Registering made it all very real and I didn't want to face it. So I was the super tacky bride and didn't register...and as a reward we got lots and lots of cash! The most memorable was from Jeffs friend...he gave us $69 in cash. Hahaha!

6. What flavor was your wedding cake?
white cake, white frosting.

7. Were you a bridezilla?
No way. My Mom put the whole thing together and I did whatever she told me. I felt like a cow being prepared for slaughter.

8. Whats one thing you would change about your wedding?
Nothing actually. I didn't get caught up in the craziness and the details. All I saw was Jeff.

9. Do you still look at your wedding pics?
Sometimes but I haven't pulled them out in a long time. Oh, and we put disposable cameras on all the tables and we still haven't developed some of the. I wonder if it has been too long?

10. What colors did you use?
purple and silver

11. Where did you tie the knot? In my Aunts backyard. I am so thankful for her letting us do it there.

12. Whats one funny thing that happened that day?
When they started playing the wedding march, I started freaking out screaming, "I'm not ready! I'm not ready!" Someone (I don't remember who) pushed me out the door. Also, Jeff and one of the groomsmen accidentally switched tuxedos so Jeff had to drive all over town to get the right one. Oh, and he had to pick up a keg from the liquor store. And he was very very late. And I left a message on his cell phone that was hilarious to listen to for years to come. I was asking him where he was and I sounded so sad and dejected like I was about to be left standing alone at the altar.

13. How many showers did you have?
1

14. Did you cry?
No, and you know what is weird? As soon as the ceremony was over, I couldn't remember any details or what we said. I still do this day can't remember. Like I have ptsd or something. I just remember the expression on Jeffs face that said, 'can you believe we are doing this?' And I remember happy laughing after we kissed.

15. Did you give any wedding favors away?
gosh, maybe necklaces? I honestly don't remember.

16. Who caught the flowers and garter belt?
I don't think we threw them.

17. Who did the wedding for you?
My Mom, Jeff's friends cooked, My aunt let me use her house, My cousin gave me much needed moral support, my Mom's friend Bonnie tore the arbor out of her garden so we could get married under it. How does that old saying go? It takes a village to plan a pregnant brides wedding in 3 weeks?

18. How much was your wedding dress, undergarments and all?
About $500. Thanks Mom!

19. Was there dancing?
No.

20. Where was the reception?
Aunts backyard.

21. Would go back and do it over again?
Absolutely. Although eloping would have been cool too.

22. How long did you have to plan your wedding
OMG, maybe 3 weeks?

23. What kind of car were you in when you drove away?
Jeff's Silver F-150

24. How many in your wedding party? 7 girls and 7 guys

25. Did you do anything different in your wedding or reception?
Yes, it wasn't very wedding-y. No dancing, not much drinking. Just Jeff, me and 150 of our closest family and friends. I didn't pour my soul into the details like some people do with their wedding. I didn't have the time, the money or the energy to care about making it the part of the century. Jeff has amazing friends though that cooked for us and the food was great and the whole atmosphere was fun and exciting.

I really love the story of our wedding and the beginning of our lives together. We were broke, scared, happy and completely living on love.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited to Add: I let Jeff read my post and here were his comments:

"Oh my gosh, we're so ghetto!"

and my favorite

"We actually had a full 8 weeks and not 3 weeks but you weren't doing anything to get ready for the wedding. I was thinking, 'I ask her to marry me and she doesnt even want to plan the wedding. Aren't I doing her a favor? Does she even want to marry me?' "

Then I asked him if he was afraid that I was going to back out and he said, 'Yes and I was very sad.'"

Then he reminded me that I hitched my wagon to a shining star. Niiice. Do y'all see what I have to put up with?

3 comments:

tara said...

That is so sweet. after knowing ya'll for almost 2 years I learned sometinhg new.
Cool wedding!

~Penny~ said...

You guys are so cute:)

Hadley said...

I like the story of your wedding--it is authentic and touching!

Post a Comment