Saturday, February 9, 2008

Harry Potter is the bomb

I love my new computer. I tell my laptop to go to a webpage...and it actually goes. It doesn't tell me to fuck off, point and laugh and then shut down. Not that I don't have love and appreciation for my old emachine. It has lasted as long as my marriage...and that says something huh? 6 years of love and dedication. Now it has been banished to just being the ____ computer. The blank starts with 'P' and rhymes with horn.

I went to best buy on Friday quickly before my guilt and frugality got in the way of buying the laptop I wanted. Long and boring story short...it was out of stock and i took it as a sign that it was more than I needed. I went to my friendly neighborhood Sams Club and found an HP with 2MG of RAM (I reeeeeeaaaallly wanted 3 MG...just in case I ever decide to become a gamer ;D) 250 gig on the hard drive. Plus all kinds of extra bells and whistles that I don't know how to use. Like it came with a t.v. remote. WTF? I'll figure it out someday. I got my laptop, an iPod and a wireless router for the same price as the super duper computer at Best Buy. And you know what? It's great! You know what's even greater? I feel like I got a good deal on it.

I was afraid at first because Internet Explorer was very sluggish. I didn't know if it was just vista chewing up my RAM or if I bought a shitty wireless router. Then I switched to Mozilla and now it is lightning fast. Plus I have been slowly uninstalling all the of junkware that HP put on here.

In other big news...Kennen has a big boy bed now! The poor little soul has been cramming himself into his crib every night. I think he wakes himself up becasue he rolls off that tiny mattress and he has been sneaking into our bed while we are sleeping...and peeing on us.

Yes...this is my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment