Thursday, February 28, 2008

A perfect combination

Girl scout cookies, two kids in school, and old school Super Mario 3 on Wii!

That was my lazy ass day yesterday. It was lazy and self indulgent and exactly what I needed. I did run in the morning so I wasn't a complete sloth, but I really enjoyed the time to myself. D

Did know know that you can hook up your Wii to the wireless internet in your house and go onto their virtual console and download old school games for $5 to $10? For a total of $20 i bought, Excitebike, Super Mario Brothers, Super Mario Brothers 3, and Jeff bought Zelda 2:The adventures of Link. These old school games with their 8 bit characters have completely stolen my attention from the brand new kickass Super Mario Galaxy. Someday I will collect all 120 stars and kick Bowsers Ass (or is it King Koopa? does it matter?) to save Princess Peach. For now I am going to enjoy the 2D platformers of days of yore.

Hmmm, what else is new? Oh! Kimberly has had 2 different playdates with friends from school. The first girl came to play one afternoon because her Mom was in a pinch and wasn't going to be able to pick up her little girl from the bus stop on time. I fed them and they played and Kimberly had a grand old time for the 2 hours that her friend was here. The second playdate was the daughter of the woman I went to Temple with. She spent all of Monday with us because the kids were out of school for Teacher training. My friend is a teacher so she definitely had to work. We had a great day and Kimberly was actually out of my hair because she and her friend played upstairs most of the day. Now these Moms are offering to return the favor and let Kimberly go play at their house.

Without me.

Gulp.

2 comments:

Hadley said...

I am curious about that last part! Tell us more...what are you thinking?

Anonymous said...

It's so hard to let the kids go somewhere else. I still struggle with it. I will probably forever try to be the "cool mom" whose house all the other kids want to go to... you just never know how they store medication, if they have guns, etc., laying around... and forget about the "who is a child molester" on the street fear. HOLY COW... If they're at MY house, I know they are safe and sound.

It's a totally irrational fear, I'm sure... but one I have nonetheless...

I'd be worried about any mom who DIDN'T wonder if it was safe. Even my best of friends, I'd be nervous. You just don't know.

And how do you download old games? I'll be all over that with the wii!

Post a Comment