Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Late night ramblings...

The other day I gave the kids a bath and afterwards I was taking advantage of Kennen being cold and cuddly and he actually fell asleep in my lap. He is growing up so I must hug and kiss him while I can!!! I think boys start to push away from touching their Moms at like 6 years old right? That's only 3 years left of holding my boy! Girls are different. I still climbed into my Moms lap when I was 15 and probably still would but um...I'm over six feet tall and my Mom is maybe 5'7".

My sweet boy fell asleep in my lap and Kimberly was being veeeeeery quiet. She came out of the bathroom and she had CUT HER HAIR! Yup, she gave herself bangs. They are pretty dorky. I cried. She cried. Then we laughed hysterically. OMG that girl! I've learned to not leave scissors laying around because she gave herself bangs when she was 3, but the little stinker used the little scissors in Jeffs manicure kit. Ha ha! Jeff's manicure kit! That sounds funny. I swear he's not a douchebag. He likes to operate on ingrown hairs or something.

Back to Kimberly. She's reading! Driving down the road, watching tv, me blogging...everything! She's also been trying to arrange a playdate with the little girl that she sits next to on the bus. I got her off the bus the other day and she said, "Mom, follow that black car, I have a map!" Sure enough she pulled out a homemade map from her backpack. That kid cracks me up! Tonight she cleaned the living room, scrubbed the toilets and made me a pot of coffee! I haven't had Kimmy-girl coffee in a long time. After dinner I still hadn't had any so while Jeff and I were watching the Super Tuesday political news, Kimberly came walking up with a piping hot mug of coffee. :D 5 years old is a great age. I highly recommend it!

On to the presidential candidates. Pick your pony! I've not completely engrossed myself in what these people have to say yet but I cannot believe it is looking like Hilary vs John McCain. I would really love a female president but I just...dont like her. But I like John McCain less. C'mon Obama! I'm not ready to say goodbye to Obama yet. I hope he makes it through this rose ceremony. Oh, and I do think it's funny that Romney took Arizona and the newscaster was talking about how surprising it was. She must not know about the sheer volume of Mormons in AZ...it's not just Utah y'all!

Sing it : 'book of mormon stories that my teacher tells to meeeeee, are about the lamanites of ancient historyyyyyyyy'. I learned that at Aunt Susies house growing up. :D

Wow! This is why I don't drink coffee at night!

Ok, on to computers. I went to the Apple store and fell in love with the Macbook. I love Leopard. I hate the price. Just can't do it. Not when I have to buy Kennen a big boy bed right now too. I would want more than 1 gig of RAM. But I can't pay $1500 for a computer. The thought makes me physically ill...cold sweats...eyes crossing.

I'm thinking of a HP and I want to stay below $1000. The sales ads are all going to change on Saturday so who knows what super deal I will find at Best buy, Fry's electronics or Circuit City. If not, I will probably buy a HP from Sams Club. They had one for around $800 but who knows. Sometimes I get a little impulsive when I shop. I'm a good little consumer.

Okay. I think that is all I've got. Yep. that's it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOO NO new computer!!! Think FLIGHT.... Flight of the bumblebee...... flight....... fffff light.


Then think Arid. Humid. Zany. zone???

ARIZONA!!!

You'd think I just smoked some crack.



NOPE... I want you to fly with me so we can scare the shit out of each other with each bump we hit in the air!!!

AZ Larsens said...

haha...I'm impressed Stella, Book of Mormon Stories? Wow! lol

Post a Comment