Thursday, December 18, 2008

Okay I give up.

I haven't been posting much lately! The reason I have been slacking is because I have baby on the brain. And even though I have 2 kids and I suppose this is a Mommy blog...I really am trying to avoid getting all 'Mommy Blog' on y'all. But I give up. Every time I start a blog post it is very baby specific. Well...I can't help it. Even though babies happen to woman every day, I feel like the only human on the planet that is this fucking tired.

The other thing I am going through is hunger! And not just random hunger, but I have to eat exactly what I am craving. Otherwise I will probably cry in frustration. For example, the other day the only thing I wanted was an egg sandwich on an english muffin with sharp cheddar. I heated the pan...cracked open the egg...and almost barfed. The egg was full of fucking blood. First I gagged, then I cried for the poor egg because it reminded me of my own little chick growing inside of me, then I cried because now I am never going to be able to eat another egg for the rest of my life. It was so disgusting.

Tuesday was my first appointment. My new OB/GYN is a doll! It was easy to get a prescription out of her for morning sickness medicine (Reglan...just in case!) plus she gave me an ultrasound. I was really nervous about the scan because I was 5 weeks 4 days at the time and it was a coin toss on whether I would see the heartbeat or not. When the tech zoomed on on the blob though, the whole little body was thumping. She said it was the size of a grain of rice and I swear the little beating heart took up 3/4 of the body. I didn't get a count on the beats per minute and it was too small to actually hear anything through the transducer but I saw it! And there was only one baby! Jeff was wrong...he was conviced that it was twin boys. I think that it is one baby girl. Any other guesses?

Long story short, I'm back but you are going to have to deal with me prattling on and on about my new symptoms because I'm a little obsessed. It's like I told Jeff after I peed on like 15 pregnancy tests. I said, "You would be obsessed too if you had a little alien creature growing inside you!" Tomorrow I will be 6 weeks, so more belly pics will be up soon!

5 comments:

AZ Larsens said...

Hey I don't mind the mommy-blogging! Maybe reading about your pregnancy will be enough for me and I won't need to have my own! lol!

Anonymous said...

OMG. I'm sooooo excited!!! Wish I was near you...I would come make you egg sandwiches so you wouldn't have to look at the yucky yoks. Hey remember when we were like 12 & 11 & we were making a cake in your old kitchen on Caballero St. and we found the bloody thing in that yok? Well, I seriously did not eat another egg until I was pregnant with J. I'm sorry you're crazy/hungry...well, actually I'm not. That just means all is well w/ baby. But this too shall pass...in the meantime...Happy Eating!!! Love You. Ash

Unknown said...

You know I am totally there with you. I can't compose a decent blog post to save my life. Also I always feel guilty for swearing while pregnant, like I should be a little docile creature that is just growing a baby and not a raving bag of hormones. Anyhow congrats again

Linds said...

Congrats on the baby:) I think it will be a girl...but maybe that is just because I have a bo on the way!

Anonymous said...

Keep blogging! It's the only way I hear from you now!!!! LOL

Post a Comment