Thursday, December 4, 2008

I'm back from my Turkey related leave of absence!

How was everyone's Thanksgiving? Mine was great. It was the first year that I cooked for a group of people in my home so I really had fun with it. Jeff and the neighbors were drinking beer and frying turkeys at 10:00am and I was baking and roasting and melting and cooking and stirring and drinking wine by 11:00. I actually drank a lot during the week of thanksgiving. About a bottle a day. I did it because it was my last hoo-rah...Jeff and I tried to get pregnant this month and I was having a fare thee well with my friend, cheap white wine.

The good new though is that I am indeed pregnant! It is very early in my pregnancy...today I am only 3 weeks 6 days. Gotta love those First Response Early Result tests! I have peed on about 10 of them because I just don't believe that I am actually having another baby. I am going to be that lady in Target with too many kids taking up space in the aisle so that no other carts can steer past. I am so very happy. Like very very over the moon in love with my blastocyte.

In other fabulous news...Jeff got offered a new position at his company. It is a total career change for him, and no international travel! I am so relieved because he was scheduled to go to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia next year. Oh, and he had to bring his own drinking water in his suitcase. WTF? I can just imagine myself 7 months pregnant and unable to contact him when he is on the other side of the world...and having a nervous breakdown. With the way everything is lining up, I feel like our new little family member was meant to be!

Just because I want to gross you out, want to see my pee sticks? I have them labled 'dpo' which stands for days past ovulation. As soon as the fertilized egg implants itself, you start producing enough HCG hormone to be detected on a pregnancy test. You can see that on 8dpo, the test was negative but on 9dpo there was the faintest pink test line that showed up on the left side of the control line. Isn't that just so exciting? yeah, I think so too!

13 comments:

**Liz** said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!

That is totally awesome news!

AZ Larsens said...

Stella, you crack me up! Congrats though! So when is the baby due do you think? Do one of those online due date calculators.

Sloane said...

Yay! Another blog baby.

Although you guys are not really helping my whole baby fever situation any! ;)

Have you broken the news to the kids yet?

Unknown said...

First CONGRATS

Um WTF kind of tests are those or did you crack them like a lobster and just show the inside of the test? If the answer is yes I am forced to ask WTF?

Angela said...

Congrats on all the exciting news! Your first Thanksgiving meal, Jeff's new position, and most exciting A NEW BABY!!! :-)

We need to talk on the phone! What day of the week is best mid-morning your time?????

Anonymous said...

YIPPEE!!!!!! Congrats :)

Stella said...

FMW- Thanks! I'm really excited!

Christy- My due date is August 14th! Woo hoo! My main concern is that I wanted to be due before the kindergarten cut off. As long as all goes well, this baby will be 4 academic years behind Kennen, instead of 5 school years behind him.

Sloane- Yeah I told the kids. Kennen told the Walmart greeter that 'Mommy gwowing baby in her belly!' and this morning Kimberly asked me, "Did the baby sleep well last night?" or when I am eating voraciously, "Is the baby hungry?" It is pretty cool that they are excited.

Audra- I hang my head in shame. But seriously, you can see a darker line if you crack open the case and flip over the test strip!

Angela- Call me when you aren't at work or school any day of the week. I don't exactly keep a busy schedule. I want to hear about the new boyfriend!

Daria- Thank you! I am having major soup cravings...Gumbo to Geaux is pretty tempting!

~Penny~ said...

YAY!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!


I knew it was going to happen. I felt it in my gut. Pregnancy is an epidemic these days!

Anonymous said...

Stel...I'm sooooo thrilled. My mom called Wednesday night, and said, "Oh Karen called...and Stella is pregnant!!??!!?!" Hee Hee Hee. And I said, "I know."

We are so excited & Happy for you, Jeff, and the kids!!! The family grows!!! I know Grandma is going to be thrilled, and she's pry already picking out the fabric for your baby blanket!!! Love you Guys...Talk Soon, and Congrats!!!

Ash

Anonymous said...

YAY BABIES!!! I love you and can't wait to see this baby!!!!

KBear said...

Congrats Stella!!!

AZ Larsens said...

Yay! Aug. 14th! My first baby was an August baby too...(sniff sniff)...I'm getting baby fever again can you believe it? Maybe I can just live vicariously through you instead! Hmmm...no back pain, no morning sickness, no labor...this way is sounding better every minute! I'm so happy for you and I can't wait to read your preggo blog posts.

rage said...

Congratulations on being prego and congratulations on Jeff's new position!

Post a Comment