Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My first mental breakdown.

There was a post on my pregnancy message board asking about your first mental breakdown. I'm too lazy to come up with an original post for my blog, so I am cutting and pasting:

The other day my husband and I were in the bathroom getting ready to go to a party. I had a huge pile of laundry in front of the shower door that I still hadn't washed and my husband was moving it out of the way as I was laughing and apologizing. Then he said, "When does the nesting phase start?" (as in when am I going to start cleaning like crazy). I laughed and said,"not for a long time!" Then he said, "It looks like the nesting phase has already begun...except baby you aren't actually supposed to collect pieces of material and make an actual nest!"


I started laughing hysterically because the laundry pile did look like a bird nest but almost as quickly, I started crying! My feelings totally got hurt and I was crying and yelling at him not to tease me and he can do his own damn laundry wha wha wha!" He was already in the shower at this point and had to wipe the steam off the shower door to see what the hysteria was all about. Then he started laughing even harder and I started crying even harder and then he realized that he better be nice to the hormonal girl and he stepped out of the shower and gave me a soaking wet hug and apologized. Yeah, I think I've caught the crazy.


So...these last 2 days I don't even feel pregnant. I feel compelled to buy more tests. :D I mean I must be pregnant still right? I've had no bleeding...everything is still in my uterus, right? I really can't wait until my first appointment and especially I can't wait for my first ultrasound. Waiting patiently...

2 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Oh, the drama of the preggo hormones... I feel for you.

And your husband!

tara said...

ahhhh! I remember those hormones. No one could do ANYTHING right.

Post a Comment