Monday, December 8, 2008

I'm a parents worst nightmare!

Hee hee

The other day I texted a group of people, "Guess what? I'm pregnant!" I recieved the obligatory, "Congrats" from most people. But from my friend Lisa, it went down a little differently. Apparently Lisa changed her phone number:


"Lisa": I sorry but i dont know you :( i am emily. 7:03am

Me: Stella! 4:19pm

"Lisa": "Hi" it's me emily good for you 4:22pm

"Lisa": "Hi" 4:25

Me: Thx! I had this number for my friend Lisa-sorry that it was the wrong number!

"Lisa": It's okay.you can text me any time :-) 4:30

"Lisa":Im glad you are pregnat :-) 4:34

Me: Where are you from and how old are you?

"Lisa": I can't tell you where i live but i am 10 years 4:40

Me: lol, im 29!

"Lisa": Nice to meet you stella. would you like to be my freind? ;-) 4:51

Me: Sure 4:52

"Lisa": Great....:-) 4:53

Then around 9:20pm or so, my cell starts to ring and it is "Lisa". Eep! A little girl who thinks I am her new bff is calling me! I send it straight to voicemail. A few minutes later, I get this text:

"Lisa": Hi iam emily's dad i don't know who you are but i don't think you have any reason to test msg my daughter 9:26 pm

ho.lee.shit!

Just so you know, I am not interested in have super secret 1o year old little girls as my friend. I was sort of thinking that 'emily' might be new to Texas since she just got this new phone number (I just talked to Lisa last week). When she was going on and on about my pregnancy, I thought that maybe it was a lonely Mom that just moved here and didn't have any friends or something. I am a friendly girl and I have actually made a good Mom friend off myspace....soooo how is that much different than through wrong number texting? When the little thing told me that she was only 10 though, I thought it was funny. When she asked to be my friend I didn't have the heart to say 'no'. So I said 'sure' with no intention of ever communicating with her again. I'm passive aggressive that way.

And now I have an angry Dad on my ass thinking that I am some sort of a predator. A minute later my phone rang and this time, knowing it was her father, I answered. I told him the whole wrong number story-including the part that I don't want to be his daughters new bff!!! He was understanding and after a 5 minute conversation, he congratulated me on my third pregnancy!

So fucking bizarre. Long story short, there is someone in the world that thinks I am a huuuuuge creep! Oh well. whaddaya do?

9 comments:

Jadeny said...

HAHAHA This story absolutely made my day!!

tara said...

That is so funny!
I'm glad the dad was understanding.

Keikicakes said...

ha ha ha!

I was a scary predator today too! I got caught watching M at the playground at school. A teacher came to my car and was checking that I was not a creepy person.

Unknown said...

Well this should be a wake up call to him that his daughter isn't really mature enough to be texting if she will ask any random stranger to be her friend. I would knock Hannah upside the head for that lol

AZ Larsens said...

Okay, 2 things come immediately to mind. 1 - What is a 10 year old doing with a cell phone, or more importantly, what is a 10 year old doing with a cell phone and text messaging. Apparently I am old school and don't believe a 10 year old should have free reign over their own cell phone. And 2 - I think it's pretty cool the dad is checking up on things like that. But again, why is he letting his 10 year old have her own cell phone.

But what else were you supposed to do? How were you to know it was a child texting you? And what, you were supposed to say no when she aksed you to be her friend? Hilarious...
That is hilarious!

**Liz** said...

That was awesome. But what is a 10 year old doing texting and even having a cell phone. That stuff would not fly in this household.

Anonymous said...

that's SO funny! Stalker Stella!!! ahahaha

~Penny~ said...

That is really funny!

However to play devil's advocate, my niece is 11 and got a cell phone last year. She got it bc she is on so many activities after school my brothr and SIL wanted to have contact with her.

My brother collects their cell phones when thy come in the door. Thats how he probably knew! My brother does the same thing.

I don't think 10 is too young...... and if it was a city kid, they get cell phones in first grade! Crazy city people...

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

THAT is freaky, if you think of it from the dad's perspective.

Glad you straightened it out. I recommend that you NOT text her again!

Post a Comment