Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I did it!

Jeff found out that his his work truck is finally ready to be picked up! His current truck has like 115,000 miles on it and we have been waiting patiently since JANUARY for him to get the new truck. I'm not sure what the hold up was but you would think that a dealership would be able to rustle up a truck that is a sure sale in this crappy economy...but whatevs.

Anyway, I had to drive Jeff to work this morning. I somehow managed to get up, get coffee, nurse the baby, change his diaper and clothes, get 2 more kids awake, dressed, teeth and hair brushed by 7:30am. I did it all without my head exploding! It was kind of fun to drive in rush hour and listen to the local morning show on the radio too while sipping my coffee. It was a flashback to another life before I became a Mom.

The kids are adjusting pretty well. Kennen is absolutely fine so far. Same old sweet little buddy boy. Kimberly though, as always, is dramatic. She gets mad at me if she doesn't get to hold Griffin enough. She whines, begs, and complains when I tell her to leave him alone while he is sleeping in his cradle. I am nursing him and honestly, it's fucking excruciating every time he latches on. Every time I feed him, she hovers around and asks me why I don't just let her feed him a bottle. Yesterday she even said, "You are only nursing him because you want to be the only one that holds him!" Wow. All I can say to that is, W.T.F!!!!!!!!

Even with 3 kids, I am still encountering new experiences. My nipples are pretty torn up and sore and when Griffin spits up, it is tinged with my blood! It's no fun when you are home from the hospital for an hour and your baby is puking bloody milk. Talk about a frantic call to the pediatrician! He's a vampire baby apparently.

Speaking of vampires...do any of you watch True Blood on HBO????? OMG that is the best show I think I have ever seen. For those of you that watch it...what the hell is that She-devil-God-bull thing with claws.

Okay I gotta go. Kimberly just punched Kennen in the throat. I gotta say, I didn't expect the 7 year old to be the one acting out with a new sibling in the house.

3 comments:

tara said...

Yeah you!
What a busy day you had!
Congrats on the work truck?
What are you going to do with the black truck?
Love Griffin's pics.
(Sloane does too ) :)

Anonymous said...

LOL...you've found my weakness...True Blood is AWESOME!! :D As for the bull-thingy, it's name is Maryanne, and she's supposedly Dionisus...I think..or one of her handmaidens...but she's immortal and after Sam...did you watch the first season? Or just tune into the second one? B/c I don't think I can get through a sunday without my fix...it'd be some good watching while you're supposed to rest.. ;)

And the nursing thing, OMG, my first, Gabby, ripped my nips APART. I'm talking, black and blue and purple, bleeding and cracked, the night she was born...her latch was okay, but not great...and I'd cry every time she latched...and I had caught my plastic ID band on the edge of my nipple trying to help her latch, which sliced me about 1/2"..so that didn't help either...lol...I sure would have been as concerned though, and calling the dr frantically, sobbing and hysterical if my baby had spit up blood..lol...so I feel ya! :D

~ Sara Ann said...

I PROMISE you will love me again if you try Lansinoh. It works wonders. You and your nips will thank me later.

Post a Comment