Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Changes

I'm not digging my postpartum body, but I have to remind myself that getting back to normal takes time. I just feel kind of deflated and deformed. And empty. I'm thrilled that I'm not pregnant anymore but wow...to go from a hard round body to a squishy deflated pile of goo is...an experience. Not really good. Not really bad. Just different.

My 16 year old neighbor took pregnant pics of me 2 days before Griffin was born so check out the before and after:


11 days later.
I don't like the number on the scale and i don't like the cellulite. Or the doughy tummy. Kimberly still pats my belly and tells me how squishy it is. In an effort to keep her innocent as far as body image goes, I just matter of factly agree and don't tell her how flipping rude she is. She's not trying to be mean, and most importantly I want her to to always be accepting of herself. So, I am accepting of myself in the hopes of leading by example. Oh! And my hips are so wide! Apparently they spread when you push a baby through your pelvis...imagine that! I'm having leg, knee and ankle pain because of it. It happened with my other kiddos but I don't remember how long it took to have everything aligned where it is supposed to be. But omg I just want to heal so I can run again. I just feel weak and wobbly still. I'm trying to be patient.

Griffin is doing great! He is the sweetest thing and I will update after his pediatrician appointment. I can't wait to see how big he has gotten!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad about your body!! I have to keep reminding myself after I've given birth, that it took 9 months to get to where I was, now it's gonna take that long or longer to get back to where I want to be....it sucks, but it's ALWAYS worth it!! And you feel that much better when you get back to your pre-pregnancy size and can feel like yourself again! Just keep staying positive and stick to it, and you'll be fine! :D

Mrstx said...

Aww, thanks. It just sucks. Even my maternity shorts are too tight. It's weird how I felt so much better about myself when I was huge and pregnant and now I just feel...deflated. Trying to stay positive, but...blah.

tara said...

you don't look like that pic.
I saw you Saturday and you looked great and skinny.
Don't look at that pic of yourself.
Have Kailey take another pics of you.
P.S. I am going to come hold Griffin soon! :)
I need to satisfy those damn baby cravings!

KBear said...

you look awesome.

i know how you feel though. I've lost all but 6 pounds of my baby weight, yet, for the most part my clothes still don't fit right. My hips and ass are still HUGE

I feel all gooey and such still, but next week I have a free trial week at a gym, so I'm hoping that will get me in the swing of things!

Mrstx said...

tara-come over any time! Just call so I can throw on some clothes (and hide my dirty dishes in the oven, lol).

kbear-woo hoo for free gym time. I'm just waiting for my kids to go back to school so I can take little Griffin out in the stroller.

tara said...

I don't have your #s
All i have is your hubbys

Post a Comment