Wednesday, November 7, 2007

kiddos are confused...

...about what time it is! Dont get me wrong, I actually like daylight savings time. I would much rather see the Sun in the morning than in the evening. I need it actually to get out of bed. But my kids little internal clocks are all messed up now. Kimberly was trying to wake me up at 4:30 to ask permission to watch tv. Isn't it funny when you child asks permission to do something that you feel you don't have any control over? Like, if she were to just turn the tv on I would have never been the wiser. I'm glad that at least for the time being she still sees me as important and in charge. I wonder how long that will last?

Anyway, both kids were in my bed playing around, kicking me, fighting over who gets to lay closer to Mommy, Kennen playing his perpetual game of "Tee-koo" (peek-a-boo). I felt like I was stuck in one of those cardboard boxes full of puppies in front of the grocery store. They were climbing all over me for like 2 hours. Finally at 6:30 I gave up and told them they could watch cartoons. Then Kimberly asked me for a cookie. >:-(

Have you ever heard that phrase that goes, "Being a parent feels like being pecked to death by a chicken." Here is an example of how true this is: Last night the only thing in the world that Kimberly wanted was a chocolate chip cookie. She was not behaving and crying over her homework and basically being a turd so I told her the last thing I was going to give her was sugar. She maybe asked me 142 times but finally stopped after I used Jedi mind tricks and confused her and she forgot about it. Really Daddy told her no and she listened to him.

We ate dinner, watched tv and then Jeff started getting ready to leave for his business trip. As soon as he was on his way out the door she pounced on me and said, "Can I have a cookie? Can I have a cookie now? Puh-leeze! (tears started falling, she threw her head back so she could take a really deep breath so she could cry really loud). This is when I lost my shit and yelled, "OMG! quit with the friggin cookie! I told you NO!" She was like one of those predators that knew that I was separated from the pack and she could devour me. Because even big creatures are weak without the pack. Jeff talked to her and told her to behave, but as he was walked to his truck I followed him out the door and joked that he couldn't leave me with them. They have gang mentality, those two.

So when she asked me for a cookie this morning, I said 'yes' and rolled over and slept for 30 more minutes. She won. She's a smart one, that Kimmy-girl.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being pecked like a chicken is exactly how I felt today. I was so frustrated with M's behavior (trying to kill her sister by screaming in her face and sitting on her) that I almost ran out into the street screaming myself. We are sure in for it one day with these girls!!!! - Laura

MommyStamper said...

That crazy daylight savings time thingy. I agree, the kids have been crazy this week. Big boy actually cried because he said H was cheating at UNO. That has not bothered him before. I think they are all extra tired this week.

I don't mind the time change either though. It was pretty watching the sun come up this morning on my way to my appt. No screaming kids, and my favorite morning show on the radio. What more could a girl want?

Mrstx said...

Laura: We should just throw them all into a padded room together and drink wine and laugh!

MS: Just tell big boy that H is way too anal to cheat at Uno. I love driving in the car by myself! Do you ever feel like passing your exit on the freeway and just keep driving? Yeah...me neither! ;)

Post a Comment