Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday afternoon rambling


So I was going to start this blog post with a vent about my husband. He held the baby for the first time this weekend and gets totally grossed out because baby G barfed while he was napping and there was schmutzy milk curds in his neck rolls. Yeah...it's gross. But fucking wipe it up, mmmmmkay? Instead of just cleaning him up he huffs...and he puffs...and he tells me to give the baby a bath. I wash my little piglet every single night before I put him to bed and sorry but he's not getting more baths than that. Use a wet wipe. And don't insinuate that I take anything but excellent care of my baby. Or the big kids. Or YOU! Shithead.

But then he made me laugh and I watched him do some man work in the backyard with his shirt off so all is forgiven. And I'm not bitching about him. Not anymore anyway. :D

I've been buying lots of cloth diapers these days! I am seriously so addicted to trolling through etsy.com and hyenacart.com for awesome diapers made by work at home moms. My favorite is www.hyenacart.com/bagshotrowbamboo . Part of it is because her diapers are loaded up with layers of super absorbant bamboo fleece and fit Griffin's tiny butt perfectly. The other part is because she has created a frenzy. She stocks her store at 7:00pm Eastern time on Thursday nights and her diapers sell out within 3 minutes. The buyer with the fastest fingers wins! Over the last few weeks I have scored 8 new diapers...woot woot!

To fund my new shopping obsession, I've sold 12 of Griffins newborn fitted diapers. Can you believe that people actually buy used cloth diapers? I have bought one used diaper...but I can't bring myself to use it. I thought it wouldn't bother me, but it skeeves me out. I will stick to selling my used ones and buying brand new. It's a bummer though because it's a super cute expensive diaper that I got for a good deal. But at this point Griffin is just too shiny and new to put used diapers on him.

Oh! And I must brag about my first born son! Yesterday at soccer he scored not one...but TWO goals! I couldn't have been more proud. I was a shrieking, clapping, cheering, jumping up and down obnoxious crazy soccer Mom. I've never thought of Kennen as competitive but to see him out there trying so hard...playing with all his heart! After his first goal he ran over to me to high five me and Jeff and he said, "Someone needs to pay me a zillion dollars!" It was also an extra big moment around here because even though Kimberly has played for 2 seasons now...she's never scored a goal. She barely understands the rules. She's getting better but uh...I would categorize her as more of a daisy picker than a soccer player.

Well, Jeff has taken the big kids fishing. Baby Griffin is sleeping. What should I do now? I think I'm going to pour a glass of wine...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Stella, Griffin is HANDSOME!! :D

JP said...

He held the baby for the first time today??? OMGWTFBBQ!

~Penny~ said...

Im not surprised about holding him for the first time. Cakes only held his nephew for the first time when he was 5 months. He said he feels like his big hands will break the little babies.

I think that is so cute. I probably won't when I have a newborn and need help!

Mrstx said...

oh he has held the baby since he has been born, LOL! He just hasn't held him all weekend...until today. That doesn't sound much better does it? He's great with big kids! :D

~ Sara Ann said...

Daisy Picker. That made me laugh out loud. Baby is perfect!!!!!

Keikicakes said...

Sell the used diaper that you don't plan to use and use the $ to buy a new one!!!

yeah kennen! I have a daisy picking soccer player too! At least she goes to games and plays..unlike mine.

Sloane said...

I'm sure that Griffin will thank you when he gets older for covering his privates in that pic. lol.

So awesome about Kennen and the goal!

~Penny~ said...

I sent you an email from my real email address. The subject is Penny Lane.

I might have been spammed!

Leah said...

I love the bacon and eggs diap. :) And, oh, I remember the days of stalking sales. I'm so glad you understand the allure of buying up new fluff, I'm not alone... ;)

Post a Comment