Wednesday, October 7, 2009

9 weeks!

***I might have already posted this hospital story but I'm too lazy to go back and check. Sorry if I'm repeating myself, lol***

Baby G is 9 weeks today. At this very moment 9 weeks ago, I woke up in my hospital room...alone. No Jeff, no baby Griffin. And there was a 'code pink' being broadcasted through the hospital. That's code for, "missing baby". I was alarmed and wanted to make sure my son hadn't been kidnapped but I was trapped in my hospital bed. My legs were still numb from my epidural. I called Jeff's cell phone a few times and there was no answer. I called my nurse and asked her if she'd seen my husband and she said that he was walking around with his blue tooth in and it sounded like he was on a work call. I was so pissed! How dare he...work his ass off 24/7 and make lots of money so I can stay home and be with my babies. :D

Anyway, I called the nursery and confirmed that Griffin was safe and I asked one of the baby nurses to bring him to my room. A minute later, Jeff came in. He had some visitors from his work come over and look at Griffin through the nursery window and he had been chit chatting with them apparently and didn't hear his phone ring when I called. I was going off on him and he was taking my venom like a champ. Then I threw a brush at him and told him to get the fuck out of my room, and he left. About 20 minutes later I started to miss him to I called him and apologized and asked him to come back. And bring me something to eat. Yep, I'm crazy like that. Hormones are FUN! Good thing he loves me. :D

All I have to say is what a difference 9 weeks makes. Griffin is starting to get more and more interactive. I would even venture as far as to say that we 'played' this morning. Well, I tried really really hard to get him to smile at me, while he cooed and followed me with his eyes and sat like a big boy in his Bumbo chair.

Look at his bacon and eggs cloth diaper! How cute!
Me and my boy...and my moon face.

This picture is actually pretty embarassing but I think that his little face is friggin adorable so I'm posting it anyway. Look Ma! Matching double chins!
He was starting to get tired of sitting up and he was flexing every muscle in his little body to stay upright.
A little help from Mama. What a beautiful boy. :D

3 comments:

KBear said...

um, ok, how did you get him to sit in his chair by himself so early?

Adrien's head kept falling back.. I had to wait a bit.. he was awesome at holding his head up from the moment he was born, but not for more than 10 seconds until he was over 3 months..?

Keikicakes said...

oh...he is so cute! I LOVE the last pic! What a big boy already.

P.S. you did not have a repeat of post. Funny what hormones do....

Unknown said...

Drew saw the pictures and said Olivia looks so cute. I had to explain that wasn't Olivia.

Don't you love the Bumbo? No matter how hard they try they are trapped like tiny little rats

Post a Comment