Thursday, October 1, 2009

I'm Alive and Well.

Life is pretty good 'round here. I'm kind of fat though. hmph. I've been on steroids for almost a month now all I can say is...HOLY FAT ROLLS! Fat arms, fat ass, fat stomach, and a big fat head. I've not gained any weight, but I haven't lost anything either. And if you look up 'prednisone side effects' it says something about redistribution of fat in the face and stomach. And the back of the neck. When I went to my GI doc on Monday for a follow up, she gave me instructions on stepping down the dosage of my prednisone. I told her, "Oh thank God, prednisone is making me so fat!" (as I patted my belly). She responded with, "Yeah you definitely have gained weight in your face." Nice. I made her pinky swear that it wasn't permanent.

Here is the scary thing though. Since I started stepping down my steroid dosage, my friggin colon is acting up again. I think I'm going to have to choose between living with my new 'Moon Face' and belly or living with pain. The only way I can describe the pain is it feels like my ass is dry heaving.

In other news, I chopped off all my hair! I friggin love it. I feel like a new girl. I not only love the cut, but I love that all the 'old' is gone. I know it's just hair, but it's like I have gotten rid of all the bad stuff from the last year or so. That hair grew while I was sick and it just had to go. Am I weird?

I'm going to wrap up this post with a song I heard on the radio the other day. It's beautiful and haunting and hopeful and it kind of fits with me no longer feeling like every day is hard.

I'm Alive and Well

5 comments:

~ Sara Ann said...

POST a new hair picture! I bet its super cute!

Is there no other treatment for the diagnosis than steroids?

tara said...

you do not or are you fat!
you look great!

Nic said...

I'm with follow me...post a pic of the new haircut!

You were def not fat before you got pregnant so you can't be that fat now. It's all in your head.

But isn't there a diff solution for your colon problem? Prednisone isn't the happiest of medicine.

Mrstx said...

Yes there are other alternatives to prednisone but I'm not sure what they are. No matter what though, I have to get off the steroids because I guess it's not good to be on them for long periods of time. I have another appointment in a month so we shall see what my doc says then.

Sloane said...

I've been there with the steroids, and have to say that they were a god send for the short time that I used them. In some weird way, after I was done with the cycle, I felt like my system was kind of regulated. Not perfect, but way better than before.

Post a Comment