Monday, October 19, 2009

Been AWOL

My internet usage has been very limited these days. Well, to be more specific, my computer use has been very limited because my computer is broken. Damaged by liquid. My sugar schnookums passed out drunk with my laptop on his lap and well lets just say that the ELK chili and beer wasn't settling too well and before Jeff could gather his wits and run to the bathroom, he barfed all over my keyboard. Harry Potter is fried. Thank God that my harddrive was salvagable because all of my precious pictures are safely saved on an external harddrive.

After 7 years of marriage, all I can do is shake my head and think, WTF? I must be broken down because I wasn't even mad. Why get mad? Nope, no reason to freak out. I'm taking lemons and making lemonade. I'm getting a new laptop complete with Windows 7...woot woot! And I'm also using his guilt to buy a shiny new iPhone. Hee hee, I placed my order today and I cannot wait until I can Facebook from anywhere! Tee hee. I can write out blogs while I am waiting in the carpool line. And don't get me started on the apps!

Oh! Here is more lemonade that I brewed! I am not eligible for an equipment upgrade, so it was going to cost me $300, instead of $99. boo! But my neighbor Tara gave the the brilliant idea to just get a family plan and add an extra line...which makes me eligible for the $99 deal. My monthly bill is going to be the same, I have just as many minutes plus the data plan, and now I can be the coolest Mom ever and give Kimmy-girl my cell phone. Hmmm, she's only 7 though. Is 7 too young for a cell phone? Can I been the el-cheapo queen and wrap up my old phone and put it under the Christmas tree? It will cost me nothing, but Kimberly will feel like a lucky little girl on Christmas morning. I'll have to think about that one though.

kisses!

6 comments:

tara said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of it being a x-mas gift for Kimmy!
Enjoy your iphone ! I'm addicted to mine!

Keikicakes said...

booo....I want an iphone too! You r going to make Kimmy the happiest girl around!

~Penny~ said...

Oh Jeff! You certainly made out in the deal.

A similiar situation happened with me and Cakes recently and all I can do is really laugh because boys will always be just that. Boys.

As for the cell phone. Oh...that is scary. Don't jade her! But maybe for emergencies?

Shasta said...

I love love love my iphone!! I did the same thing, just added another line so it was only $99.

Sloane said...

I heart using guilt to benefit myself. Will that make me a bad wife? I think not.

Dirty "forgot" to buy me a b-day gift this year, (engagement ring doesn't count) so I feel like I should get anything I want until Christmas (see, I'm putting limits on myself) that he is obligated to buy me. So far, it is a few DS games and a new coat, but I am eyeing a pair of Uggs for Thanksgiving. Too much? lol

Angela said...

The iPhone rocks. You will love it!

Post a Comment