Monday, April 27, 2009

A rose by any other name...

Guess what I learned today? People no longer 'potty train' their children. Some people are so civilized and stuck up on a high horse that they call it, "potty learning' now. To insinuate that you 'train' your child to do anything is offensive apparently.

But I don't belong to that club. I kick it old school and train my kids, yo. I have even had success with *gasp* spanking a kid that has peed their pants one too many times. That's just how I roll.

The big secret is that Moms, especially stay at home Moms are isolated and we start to feel a little down on ourselves. Since we feel unimportant, we decide to make a big deal out of nothing because we all need something to be passionate about.

It's funny that someone feels the need to stress the point that they are 'potty learning' their child when there are real problems in this world.

*hormonal rant over*

10 comments:

AZ Larsens said...

The biggest joke ever are the women who potty train their newborns. GIVE ME A BREAK!!

Genevieve said...

THANKYOU.

Keikicakes said...

I will be "potty learning" my kid =) ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Angela said...

Huh potty learning? Are you kidding me, I think thy are born knowing how to potty. I agree that is annoying.

Kori Ann said...

My cousin tried to potty train her baby. I don't maybe she still does its just sounds so messed up. She stands over the sink, ya I said the sink, and makes a weird noise and then he poops. Yuck.
I agree with you completely!

tara said...

I guess I suck as a mom. I potty trained my kids and I spanked them ,too! Oh well ! When they end up as a menace to society that's what I can blame it on! :)

cinnie1016 said...

So that's what my problem is, I was "potty trained" not "potty learned" no wonder I'm so messed up

Leah said...

Hmm... I pop over here every now and then to check up on Stella, and I am amazed at the responses... Before you call people stuck up bitches, why not try to sound a little less like stuck up bitches yourselves. :) Not calling anyone names, just sayin'! My babies pooped on the potty. Yes, I "trained" them to do that. One less poopy diaper for me to change/wash/clog up a landfill with is a battle won, in my opinion. I don't think that makes me a stuck up bitch. We all need to take our mothers' advice from long ago and just be NICE to each other. :)

Leah said...

I apologize, stuck up bitches was never mentioned! It's just my bizarre potty training mentality adding lib... Sorry. Just know that it doesn't necessarily make you crazy if you do things differently...

Weekends Off said...

Stella-

I think trying to potty train an INFANT is about the nuttiest thing I have ever heard. How dilusional do you have to be to think you managed to potty train your newborn/infant? It's kind of scary to imagine some women in charge of a human life.

RE: Potty training, you may get a laugh out of this...

My sister was trying out a potty training method she read about in some book. Basically you let the little rugrat run around naked. They mess themselves, learn they dont like it and learn not to mess themselves anymore.

Anywah, she had to attend a work conference. BIL was left with potty training duties. BIL is a dog trainer. Long story short, my nephew learned to pee on puppy pads before he ever caught on to the potty chair LOLOLOLOL!!!

Post a Comment