Saturday, April 18, 2009

Another perk of being pregnant

...is the vivid dreams. Some of them are freaky. Like when I was pregnant with Kimberly, I had a dream that Jeff and I sex in a pool. Then a few days later the pool was full of embryos floating in the pool and growing in their amniotic sacs. FREAKY!

But last night's dream was a gift. I dreamt that I was watching home videos of my Dad. Then suddenly I was in the videos again living my life as a child before my parents got divorced and before my Dad died. I was a little girl playing at my neighbors house and I ran home to go see my Dad. He was laying in the grass in the front yard and I had to climb a huge hill to get to him. His eyes were closed and I stopped and started at him for a minute to see if he was alive or dead. All of the sudden, his chest was rising and falling with his breathing and he opened his eyes and called me over to him. I layed my little girl head on his chest and he put his arms around me. I could smell him and I heard his voice. These are two memories that have faded into obscurity in real life. But ever since my dream, I can remember them again.

:D

11 comments:

MommyStamper said...

What a wonderful dream!!!

ChefWife said...

Aw...that made me cry. Very, very sweet...

I remember having a dream of my grandma who passed away. I didn't want to wake up...I just wanted to stay in that moment.

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow! You're SO lucky to have dreams and remember them! lol...I can NEVER remember my dreams, pregnant or not....I'm very glad you got to retrieve that memory!

Anonymous said...

I just cried a bit! Beautiful!
Melissa :-)

Angela said...

Awww ::HUGG:: what a special night you had. :-)

~ Sara Ann said...

That's very special. It's funny how God always knows just what we need and when we need it. <3 Hugs my friend.

Linds said...

What a gift:)

~Penny~ said...

SOmetimes, my dreams are so vivid it scares me and messes me up for a couple of days after the actual dream. Because it feels so real.

I am so glad that this left you feeling happy and fulfilled. Recovered memories are really precious!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I love the sex dreams. The bad ones suck, but oh the sex dreams.... It's almost worth getting pregnant just for them alone!

Mrstx said...

Thank you everyone! :D

And Tracey...I totally agree! I remember the first pregnant crazy sex dream I had when i was pg with Kimberly. I woke up having an orgasm, humping Jeff's leg and kissing his arm. Poor guy slept through the whole thing! :D

Weekends Off said...

I always think of dreams like those as rare, special visits with our loved ones. I don't have them often, I've only had a handful, but each one I remember as if it were seconds ago. I am always sad when I wake up, wishing I could go back and have just another moment but I get past that after a few minutes and then I'm just happy for the memories.

Post a Comment