Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Moms really do make everything better!

My Mom has been visiting here for the last few days to keep me company while Jeff is away on a fishing trip. We have spent most of her trip scouring the city of Houston for the best deal on things for the nursery, and I think we have found them! It reminds me of how we used to spend our free time together when I used to live in Arizona. She is the only other person I know that also loves spending their Saturday morning at yard sales, followed by brunch, and then finish the day off with rearranging furniture and basking in the glow of knowing you have gotten a smoking good deal. I miss her so much. I wish we could do this every weekend. Maybe I could just not drive her to the airport tomorrow. Hee hee...I want to keep her. I think my stepdad would object though so I will be a good daughter and drop her off at the airport as long as she promises to come back soon.

Being with her just fills my soul. Aren't Mom's great? Just look at a child and their primitive need for 'MOMMY!' I guess it never really goes away huh? She will be back here in August when I have my baby...if it takes having a baby to get her to come out and pamper me, then maybe I will have a 4th. ***just kidding!***

Stay tuned for pics of the baby room...and for the little buggers name! :D

7 comments:

~ Sara Ann said...

Awe I'm sorry your mom has to leave. Being back in AZ is the best thing I could have done. Granted, it's bittersweet because it's the end of one thing, but it's a beginnning of another. I'm so happy to be back and be by my parents. Especially my mom. We are going out shopping tomorrow and I love how she'll come over and pick Landen up from school. No matter if you live with or near your mom or 1300 miles away, cherish every minute, for you never know when it will be your last.

Angela said...

Aww, I miss your mom!!!
I am sorry she has to go back tomorrow. I can't believe #3 is going to be here in 3 months. Cannot wait to hear the cute little buggers name. Miss you!

Unknown said...

I was just having this conversation with my Mommy. She was saying something about my nephew being to big to be held by his Dad and I said, you are never too big to want your mom or dad to snuggle you.

Turns out she meant physically to big but whateva

Weekends Off said...

I am staying tuned!!!

Glad you got to have such a nice time with your Mom!

Genevieve said...

We were talking about this at work the other day! One girl said that her mum is her best friend, and the guys all went 'thats weird! shes your mum!' but all the other girls backed her up because we know mums are ace. You will never have another ally like your mother!

rage said...

You're lucky to have such a great mom! It's nice that you have such a good relationship with her.

~Penny~ said...

I love my mom. But she isn't the grandmothery type or the motherly type. She kinda threw us all out there to raise ourselves. Maybe not because she wanted to but because she had too....single mom, 3 kids, etc.

But what I love about my mom is the independence she instilled in me. When I am dog tired after work, but I go on to do work in the house...when I want to give up I think of how at my age my mom had 3 kids and no one supporting her. And then I think that she is superwomen. I don't think I could have done it!

Moms really are special...in any form they come in!

Post a Comment