Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I have finally achieved the ultimate Mommy status...

...That's right folks, I'm gonna be a soccer Mom. LOL!

My in laws had a great idea this year for their Hanukkah gifts for the kids. They offered to pay for a full year of some extra curricular activity for each child. I really tried to convince Kimberly to try out ballet but she pretty much just cried and said, "I don't know how to be a ballerina!" I explained that she would have a nice teacher to show her all the pretty steps and hand movements...and that she would get to wear lots and lots of pink! She would not budge though. Sigh...I guess she will never be Clara in the nutcracker.

She perked up though when I started talking about soccer! It fits her prerequisite of making sure I will be there during every practice and game. I told her, "Of course! I am going to bring a camp chair and a snack for you. Kennen will help me cheer you on!" She cautiously agreed and last night I officially signed her up. Then I really started thinking about how it's not just a thing to keep Kim busy...but it is going to be a fun thing for me too. I get to sit on the sidelines and make new friends. I will have the opportunity to whip up snacks for a big gaggle of kids. Kimberly will get invited to more birthday parties. I will have something to do on Saturday mornings since I'm pregnant now and no longer find myself hungover on the weekends.

Most importantly though, I can put a soccer decal on the back of my truck. I'm big time now.

5 comments:

**Liz** said...

Whoo hoo! Being a soccer mom is fun. Definitely the big leagues.

Shasta said...

I have a sticker on my car that says "BMX Mom". I'm a wrestling mom too and if my oldest gets his way, I'll probably be a soccer mom this year too. It is a lot of fun being a "sports" mom. You AND your kids get to meet a lot of new people and it gives you something new to do.

Have fun with it!

MommyStamper said...

Woo Hoo...Soccer Mom Stella:)
When do you guys start? Sounds like fun!!!
I need to hear details later!

Keikicakes said...

You are a true CR mom - soccer mom, suv and living the surburban life.

SaV said...

Awww yea! Cannon played soccer for awhile, then broke his arm, and couldn't finish. I scraped the sticker off the car... =(

Post a Comment