Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Paint party!

Yesterday my friend Briana put together the coolest summer party! She had canvases prepped with all of the neighbor kids initials on them, and lots of paint, paint brushes, along with other items like forks, aluminum foil, wadded up paper towels, and of course the kids had their little fingers. We had them paint, scrape, blob, squirt, cover certain parts of their creations and then paint some more. The outcome was awesome! I love how each sibling set created art that 'matched'. There was some parent supervision but it was mostly only to control the colors but mostly the kids just went to town.

Here is Kimberly and Kennen's creation! I couldn't decide if I should have the kids focus on blue so they would match my dining room, or red so they would match my family room. I did a little of both and ended up with lotsa purple...but they totally rock! :
This is our neighbor M. The most impressive aspect of her art is that she had no parental help! Her Mom was home with her sick little sister so this creation is truly all her own!

I love this pic! Not only is their art awesome, but I is smiling all proud, little C is hiding and Patty is kicking C to cooperate and get in the picture! Ha ha, it's hilarious!
Awww, E and L-boy. These canvases are going to look awesome in Lauries living room! the colors match their house and don't you love how they coordinate? Brown on green and green on brown with copper accents...looks great!
Briana was the mastermind behind the paint party and these are her kids creations. Again, the colors match her house...don't they look professional? I'm so impressed!
So there you have it folks...this is what a playdate in suburbia looks like. Unless you come to my house. At my house you will find fire ants, dog poop and dead grass in the backyard. But lots of love for all of these little people that are built in best friends for my kids. I seriously hit the jackpot as far as neighbors go.

*Also, I just wanted to add that I had an OB appointment after the paint party. The doc checked my cervix and I am 1cm dialated and 50% effaced. Woot woot! It's almost baby time!*

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! So close!! :D Those paintings are wonderful!! Such a great idea!

~Penny~ said...

I am jealous and want to be in your suburban bliss.

This is an awesome idea. SOmething that I am going to tuck away for future use.

AHHHH! Yay for Baby Griffin....are you going to twitter your birth? Umm, Im just kidding:) But um, really? are you?

~ Sara Ann said...

your neighbors do sound really awesome. Maybe i'll look to your 'hood when I move back to Houston in a month or so. Congrats of dilating!

Angela said...

I love it, those are awesome. Even though it's more work for you, I LOVE Kim's hair cut. I was admiring it in the piture and then i remember we talked about it the other day. What a fun summer memory for you and your friends and kiddos.

Anonymous said...

Wow, look at Patty's legs, she must has one hell of a trainer! :)

K :)

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I have never been to a suburban play date like that... hmmm. Ours usually involve mud and chalk. And skinned knees. Lots of skinned knees...

Good luck on the baby making!! I can't believe you're almost done!

Post a Comment