Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Because I'm self depricating...

and because there might be people out there in the thick of moonface thickness that are scared shitless that they will be fat and ugly forever. Here is my little jaunt with prednisone and Ulcerative Colitis over the last year. I was on 60mg for 5 days, 40 mg for a month, 30 mg for 2 weeks, 20 mg for 4 days, back up to 40mg for 2 weeks because I started bleeding again, 35mg for 2 weeks, 30mg for 2 weeks, 25mg for 2 weeks, 20mg for 2 weeks, 15mg for 2 weeks, 10 mg for 2 weeks, 5 mg for 1 week and now thank G-D that I have tapered off completely. I guess you could say I was steroid dependant because if I tapered too quickly I would get sick again. And by sick, I mean I would poop my pants. Sexy.
Drum roll please. Here is the good, the fat, the ugly and the good again.

Here I am about a month before I got pregnant. I was about 15 lbs lighter than I am right this minute.

Here I am mere hours from giving birth to my third baby Griffin. I was...the heaviest I've ever been ha ha. But my face has not really changed from pre-pregnancy. Notice the look of terror because I knew I was about to push a baby out of my vaginie.

Sigh. This is the most horrible picture and I am actually TAGGED on facebook in this one. This is a doozy. My weight is actually about the same as I am present day. But I think my face is 3 times larger than normal. I was on around 30mg of pred at this time and having a hard time tapering off. And please pay no attention to my huge looking body. My body wasn't huge. I was just under several layers because it was snowing. In Houston. Crazy.

This is me on fourth of July. Sorry it's blurry but my iPhone doesn't have an anti shake thingamajiggy and I had a squirmy baby on my lap. Moonface is gone! I've been off prednisone about 4-5 months at this point. Griffin does have moon face. Sweet chubby healthy baby moonface. And he's damn proud of it too.

This concludes my moonface before and after. Cheers!






12 comments:

Michelle said...

Good job posting before and after pics. I have naturally chubby cheeks so mine was horrible. Thank goodness it went away over time off prednisone. I was so skinny from being sick, yet my face looked like I weighed 200 lbs, very weird combination.

Ashley said...

Stella... You are, have always been, and will forever be a Beauty to me! Love you.

Anonymous said...

Great post. Just stumbled upon your blog from the Baby Center web site. I've been suffering mega-moon face for months now. And the worst of it was documented in the pics of my first Mother's Day. My baby girl is eight months now and I guess this doublewide moon face is the only one she knows! ... By the way, I'm in Houston, too. And that snow was unbelievable.

Kate said...

This is my first time here, just ran across your blog...love it...will be back to read more soon!

tara said...

Love your new diapers for baby G! Love love love the new updated side bar pics! You look fab for having 3 kids!
We love you however you are !

Anonymous said...

I think you are beautiful in all the pics

Anonymous said...

in the picture of you with the moon face, how long had you been on the prednisolone then?

you and your family are beautiful :)

Mrstx said...

Anon- I had been on anywhere from 60
to 30mg of prednisone for 6 months.

Anonymous said...

I'm 16 years and i have been taking prednisone for 6 months too because i have vasculitis... in this moment im in 25mg .. but i'll have to wait a few months to stop that medicine at all... but thanks for sharing ur story, u have a pretty baby, congrats! and ur post really calm me down a bit, cuz i have moon face now, and i was worried like u. but now i just want the time to be faster and hopefully, i can get back to normal! :) thanks again!!

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! Thank you for sharing your experience with prednisone and looking at the lighter side of life..and it gets better, we know that, it is just the waiting that is the hardest part. I don't have human kids, alway had dog kids but I really enjoyed your article. Thanks..

Anonymous said...

Your pictures do not load on several different platforms.

Anonymous said...

I have to go on Prednisone. 20mg/day for a month. 15mg/day for a month. And 10mg/day for a month. I wanted to see your before and after pics but I just see broken links. Can you reupload your pics again?

Post a Comment