Thursday, March 29, 2007

Let's make a deal...

Jeff has been one crusty crab the last few days. His job is pretty stressful and sometimes he brings home all of his grumpy ass baggage. Fortunately for us I can tell when he is trying to pick a fight and I didn't let that fight happen. My husband is a little compulsive. He is a very high energy person and insead of getting worn out, he gets wound up. He needs some sort of 'release'. I'm not talking sex here. I'm talking a 4 day fishing trip by himself to some tiny waterway in Illinois that he once caught a Musky in. Actually a ton of Musky and Walleye.

I know he's stressed but there is no way in Hell that I'm letting him galavant off by himself and like always I'm stuck with the kids. I love my babies but I never...get...a...fucking...break! And I need one really bad. He was trying to convince me that it was just a quick trip and he neeeeeeeeeeds to fish and he's gotta get away. Hmm, nope sorry. No sympathy here. I neeeeeeeeeeeed to get away too. Not gonna happen.

Well...

That's until he offered to fly out my Mom with his frequent flyer miles. Hellz yeah! Nobody takes care of me like my Mom and I need a little TLC. Just someone to make me a sandwich. To sit with me and talk about how beautiful the blue wall in my dining room is. How I have always hated blue but how it really was such a great choice... Since she is my mom she gets excited about everything I do...cuz she's my mom. She has this cheerleader quality and she will be sweet and ooohhhhh and ahhhhhh over everything. I miss my mom. :( I need to somehow convince her to retire down the street from me. Housing is super duper cheap in Houston. Maybe I can convince her...probably not. But I can have her for 2 whole days all to myself. Ahhhhh...

And Jeff will drive 15 hours to catch a fish. I think I definitely got the better end of the deal. As soon as everything was agreed on and the tickets were purchased, suddenly my funny sweet husband was back. I was still bitchy toward him but then he made me laugh and now we are good.

He even cleaned the kitchen. Holy shit! He must be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment