Thursday, February 17, 2011

Must write

I must keep the forward momentum going on this blog. I'm just a few weeks away from a new computer and it will be gloriuous to type with all ten fingers instead of just my right thumb on my tiny iPhone screen. My thoughts flow faster than my touch sceen tapping ability and that my friends is why I've neglected my blog so much.

I need a vacation. I've got the wheels turning on making a Vegas trip happen this summer. It seems like the gods are lining up many arrows that are all pointing to Vegas baby. Check this out;

1.My friend Laurie moved to Maui last year and and she is going to be in Vegas with her family in July.

2. My other friend Sarah is planning on renewing her vows in Vegas in July.

3. I have awesome in laws that prefer to watch my kids without me around so they can over indulge my children without me bringing everyone back to earth. This means free enthusiastic babysitting.

4. I'm long overdue for a trip to AZ. I have nieces, and my Mom, and cousins, and grandparents that I need to reconnect with. Vegas is 5 hours from Phoenix.

5. The kids won't be in school in July.

See what I mean? It's kismit.

My plan #1 is to drive to AZ with my kids and spend some time rekindling my love affair with the desert. Then I wil leave my babies with my in laws while I drive to Vegas. Jeff will meet me in vegas, then we will pick up the kids in Phoenix and drive home to Texas.

Plan #2: in laws fly to Texas, jeff and I fly to Vegas for the weekend, party like rockstars, fly home to Texas. Skip AZ altogether.

Plan two is less stressful but it's been a long time since I've been back "home". Oh I just don't know. I do know that I need to see Laurie and that I need a break from my kids. How is it all going to play out? Not sure yet!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Stella, I have been missing you girl. I also will be glad when you get your computer so I can see more of your posts on here. Also hope you can make plan #1 work because it seems you really need to make it back to see your folks and it sounds doable. Everyone needs a break at some point and this is yours. Have a great rest of the week.
Odie

AZ Larsens said...

Well you have to come to AZ, that's just all there is to it. You have to eat at Filiberto's, Serrano's, etc. There, decision has been made!

~Penny~ said...

Go home. It always resets your soul.

Post a Comment