Thursday, February 3, 2011

Getting better?

Yesterday I had my colonoscopy. Wow what a trip! That twilight anesthesia Versed is pretty fabulous. I remember the medicine being injected into my iv line and I was trying really hard to concentrate and attempt to stay awake. Then I blinked my eyes and I was in a different room sipping on some ice water. It's different than waking up from sleep. When you wake up from sleep, you have a sense that you have been laying there for awhile. Waking up from versed feels like no time has passed at all. So weird!

Anyway, my dr. said that I only have left sided colitis now, which is an improvement from my pancolitis a few years ago. I also had 2 polyps removed which is pretty freaky. They were small, I'm sure they are benign...but still. I'm only 31 and I have polyps. Eek! Get your colonoscopies people! Colon cancer is one of the leading killer cancers out there but it's so preventable! Quick...do it before Obama-care dictates that you aren't allowed to have one!

In other news...it's supposed to snow today. In Houston people!!!! Crazy! I'm off to crawl under a thick down comforter with my baby boy. Oh...except that he doesn't cuddle. So I guess I'm off to attempt to cuddle with my baby boy while he arches his back while scratching at me with his finger and toe nails.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have had a number of them & I love the way it instantly puts you to sleep.

hermitgirl said...

I am so glad you're "back"! Hope life treats you good.

Post a Comment