Thursday, November 5, 2009

Oink

It is done. My big kids have been flu misted.

With all the going back and forth and stress over which choice to make I must say that I feel nothing but relief. I tried to get my ped to give me a squirt as well but no dice. I've contacted my doctors and they don't have them and I have contacted the health department but they won't give me one. I am a little worried about getting the mist for myself since I am probably immunocompromised from my steroids but I will take the live mist if I can't find the deactivated shot version.

Kiddos are doing great! No wonky side effects like sprouting curly tails so that is a relief. I do feel a little guilty a out giving the big kids something that I feel is questionable to protect the little guy. I just cannot handle the thought of the pig flu ravaging his little 13 lb body because of the big kids bringing home the disease from school. He is so little and I made him and I want to keep him forever and ever amen.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

~Penny~ said...

Swine is overrated.

I am sitting in the middle of a swine flu city emergency and I am over it. Cakes had it last spring, one of the first documented cases in NY and we all survived.

You will all be ok. But it is scary to think about a little boy who is only 12 pounds trying to fight that. I saw how it hurt Cakes, a 225pd big piece of meat.

But my prediction, you will all be ok!

Ashley said...

And AMEN, Cuz!!! Love you!

Post a Comment