Monday, September 21, 2009

Back in the swing of things

Baby Griffin is changing every day. He has gone from a pip-squeak newborn to a little chunk in about a week. Suddenly everything is bigger. He is getting deliciously chubby! I love changing his diapers because I get to inspect his baby bootie and the fat rolls on his thighs and his belly...ugh he's so sweet.

He still hasn't smiled! I am singing and shrinking like an idiot all day long in his face and he just looks at me like...I'm an idiot. Oh well. Sometime soon he will give in a crack a smile. I just want to make sure that he is on target with his development. Kennen was and still is behind and I would love to not have to do any type of therapy with baby G.

Despite not smiling, he is a happy guy. The first few days I came back from the hospital were a little hairy. He cried and cried. It's like he was all stressed out and he would go from peacefully sleeping to screaming in 2 seconds. It was like I came home to a different baby. I cried to Jeff about how Griffin and I had a broken bond and that I can tell baby G feels insecure in this world now. He just laughed and said I was hormonal. He is right because Griffin is back to cooing and grunting when he wants something instead of screaming bloody fucking murder. He just needed his Mama. Just as much as I needed him.

The big kids are doing great! They had soccer games on Saturday and I somehow managed the whole afternoon with 3 kids on a soccer field by myself. Jeff went on an overnight fishing trip Friday evening to Saturday afternoon. After the amazing job he did taking care of the kids while I was in the hospital, he definitely deserved a little R&R.

I do feel a little bad though because I was uber stressed on Friday evening after he had gone. I tried calling him a few times and he didn't answer. He finally called me back and told me he didn't have phone reception becasue he was on his friends buddy's boat. Boat? What boat? He never told me he was going out Bay fishing and I flipped my shit. He told me he was just fishing from the shore. I yelled at him...well I don't know why. I guess because I worry about him and I knew that the guy who owned the boat was one of those functional alcoholics. He is wasted morning noon and night and I'm sorry but I don't want my husband and father of my 3 kids to be in some drunk guys boat. Call me crazy. Anyway he had fun but he come home soooo butt hurt that I yelled at him. I guess I need to continue to work on my 'tone'. I don't mean to be mean, but I guess I am sometimes.

Now some pics!






6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your kids hair is the same color as my kids. Drew is all silvery blond Hannah is a darker goldish blond and Livie looks all carroty. funny

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

:) He is getting so big. Such a CUTIE too.

Jadeny said...

You are like Super Mom!! I know people who wouldn't be able to handle the day on the soccer field with one kid, let alone 3. So many of the people I work for pawn there kids over on nannies because they don't want to be bothered. What's the point of having a kid then!? Yay for hands on moms like you!!

~Penny~ said...

You got gorgeous kids girl. It looks like baby g is smiling in the photo with the other kids.

Doesn't it take a few months to smile? I wouldn't worry about it.

How is Kennen doing this speech? Hows school going for him. He doesn't seem behind.

Anonymous said...

Oh.My.God. Griffin's CHEEKIES!!!!! :D I LOVE LOVE LOVE chubby babies!! My first has always been a thin and petite lil thing...my second was a lil chubby, so maybe this one will be a lil more chubby....lol... :)

Sloane said...

Can I say I love Kim's nose freckles? I have freckles too, but they are not that cute. You need to get those kids on TV!

And since I suggested it, I should get a cut when they become rich and famous. :)

Post a Comment