Saturday, February 14, 2009

Muah!

So I was just reminiscing with my husband about our first kiss. It was electrifying and he whispered, "OMG you lips are so soft!" Hawt! I thought it was on Valentines day but I wasn't sure...

Anyway I couldn't remember the timeline of our first few dates so I just called Jeff to help me piece it together. Our first date was $u$hi. Then our next date was at Bu$ters and we got drunk off of Bu$ter Bowl$. Our third date was valentines day and he attempted to take me somewhere that wouldn't be $90 for dinner and drinks because at this point he could only afford to see me once a week. We went to a place called Charlies at it was the bar/lounge above a historic hotel in Flagstaff, AZ. Unfortunately for Jeff, the restaurant brilliantly rolled out a special and more expensive Valentine$ day menu! I had the $ea ba$$ wrapped in parchment paper.

This is the night that I thought was our first kiss but today on the phone Jeff said, "Nope we didn't kiss until the next week. Remember? My friends found us as dinner and we went to Maloneys and drank all night?"

Then suddenly it was clear..."I remember! You kissed a different girl that lived in my dorm because it was her birthday!"

Jeff: "omg that's right. Aren't I romantic? But it was her birthday and her friend said she is trying to kiss good looking guys on her birthday...and of course that meant me!"

Me: "Of course baby!"

ahhhh memories. Our first kiss wasn't until the next week in that very same bar. It is funny to me how 'free love' my attitide was back then. I wasn't trying to settle down. In fact after Jeff and I sealed our lips, I made out with a few rugby players. Or maybe it was just one Rugby player...the details are fuzzy. But then the next thing you know I am falling head over heels in love with this man and getting pregnant with our love child. We were married within 11 months of our first date. You never know what turn you life will take!

And here I am...pregnant again...still in love...and I am about to give him another son. oh yeah...it's a boy! (not 100% but pretty sure :D)

4 comments:

~Penny~ said...

This is great! Cakes and I discussed our first kiss which I thought I was a "good" girl and waited until our second date but appearently, I was snogging him on the bar the night we met .....

And he still get me going like he did that night:)

This suzy said...

I just wandered over to your blog from Weekends Off because I'm bored at work, and what's better to do at work than reading blogs?

Anyway, I thought I'd say hi and thanks for the reading. And I promise if I come back, it's not stalking. :)

Jadeny said...

I love the happy stories about marriage! Too many people only want to share the shit stories now a days. Good for you guys for making it work and staying so in love!

Weekends Off said...

That post made me smile really big, what sweet memories!!!

Post a Comment