Sunday, June 20, 2010

31!

Tomorrow I'm 31...eek!

I'm just that much farther away from 20 and that much closer to 40. Weird! I still feel like a clueless kid.

Jeff and I had the best day yesterday. We started it off with a fight of monumental levels. We agreed that the actual celebration of my birthday was going to be on Saturday because he was going to be out of town on Monday, my actual birthday. I woke up with expectations. I'll call this mistake number one. Birthday or not, my kids are still needy and hungry first thing in the morning. Dishes still need to be unloaded. Pork roast still needs to go in the crockpot. Baby still screams. Jeff still snores because it's saturday and he usually sleeps in. Basically I lost it because he wasn't fanning me with palm fronds and hand feeding me grapes. Like I said, I had high expectations becasue he promised to give me a good birthday. I wanted no drudgery.

Anyway, we had a big bad fight. Said things I shouldn't have said. He threatened to cancel the babysitter. :(

Instead he was a sweetie and bought me a Coach Wallet, took me out for sushi, suffered through going to a wine bar...it was fabulous. We also went to the shooting range. Hmmm, not my thing. Jeff said, "Don't you feel empowered?" Uhhhh, no. I'm a lover not a fighter. Or at least I prefer verbal combat vs tactical combat. I hate that gun, I hate the shooting range. At least I know how to shoot now.

Mmmmmmm, I'm going to indulge in a little leftover cold sushi for breakfast. Lets hope I don't get food poisoning. :D

4 comments:

Nic said...

Then I'll have to wish you an early happy birthday.

AZ Larsens said...

haha! I would've been mad too. The ONE day a year I should NOT have to get up and take care of the kids dangit! Well, that and Mother's Day.

Hybrid said...

Happy Birthday tomorrow. :)

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/thinkhybrid or check out my blog @ http://hybridnow.blogspot.com/

~Penny~ said...

Happy Birthday!

I am 31 this year too and it is crazy that we have crossed the threshold to making our way closer to 40. Where did the time go because it took forever to be be 21.

Post a Comment